Tele-operation scripts for driving the ART autonomous vehicle under human control.
- Author: Austin Robot Technology, Jack O'Quin
- License: BSD
- Repository: utexas-art-ros-pkg
- Source: svn http://utexas-art-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stacks/art_vehicle/art_teleop
This package contains ROS nodes for operating the ART autonomous vehicle under human control.
teleopGraphical tele-operation client for ART pilot.
Published Topicspilot/cmd (art_msgs/CarCommand)
- velocity and steering angle requests
Run Qt script for sending speeds and steering angles to the pilot.
rosrun art_teleop teleop.py
joy_teleopJoystick tele-operation client for ART pilot. Uses HKS Racing Controller for Sony PlayStation3.
Subscribed Topicsjoy (joy/Joy)
- joystick controller input
- navigator state message containing E-stop status
- pilot state message
Published Topicsnavigator/cmd (art_msgs/NavigatorCommand)
- navigator state commands (Run, Pause, Suspend)
- acceleration, velocity, steering angle and gear requests
Dynamically Reconfigurable ParametersSee the dynamic_reconfigure package for details on dynamically reconfigurable parameters.
- Maximum acceleration requested (m/s^2). Range: 0.0 to 25.0
- Maximum speed requested going forward (m/s). Range: 0.0 to 25.0
- Maximum speed requested in reverse (m/s). Range: -4.0 to 0.0
- Send navigator E-stop commands
Run stage simulation with joystick controlling steering and speed. Sets ~use_navigator to False.
roslaunch art_run joy_stage.launch
Run stage simulation with joystick controlling autonomous operation, and only controlling steering and speed when suspended. Sets ~use_navigator to True.
roslaunch art_run joy_auto_stage.launch
Run the real vehicle with joystick controlling autonomous operation, and only controlling steering and speed when suspended. Sets ~use_navigator to True.
roslaunch art_run joy_auto_drive.launch
Plug the joystick into a USB 2.0 port. When first attached, four blue LEDs will blink, and the joystick is not yet active. Press the PS button, causing the blinking to stop, and the controller to connect.
- Press "PS" button when controller first attached.
- Use thumb wheel to steer left or right.
- Press blue "X" button to speed up.
- Press purple square button to slow down.
- Press "START" button to begin autonomous operation.
- Press red "O" button to halt autonomous operation.
- Press green triangle button to suspend autonomous operation and drive using the joystick.
- Press "up" button to shift transmission into Drive.
- Press "left" button to shift transmission into Park.
- Press "down" button to shift transmission into Reverse.
When running with autonomous navigation software (i.e. ~use_navigator is True), the joystick does not control the vehicle unless autonomous operation has been suspended using the green triangle button (7). Otherwise, only the "START" (5), red "O" (6), and green triangle (7) buttons are active.
Be very careful resuming autonomous operation after being suspended. The navigator does not yet fully support that and may attempt dangerous maneuvers.