A nodelet for publishing Odometry and transforms from navigation satellite fixes and IMU.
- Author: Jack O'Quin
- License: BSD
- Repository: geographic_info
- Source: git https://kforge.ros.org/geographicinfo/geographic_info
This package provides a ROS nodelet that reads navigation satellite data and publishes nav_msgs/Odometry and tf transforms. The position is converted to Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates relative to the local MGRS grid zone designation.
ROS nodelet interface
navsat_odom/nodeletROS nodelet for converting navigation satellite data and inertial measurements into odometry and transforms.
Subscribed Topicsgps (sensor_msgs/NavSatFix)
- Latitude and longitude fix from navigation satellite.
- Inertial measurements.
Published Topicsodom (nav_msgs/Odometry)
- Three-dimensional odometry for navigation, using UTM coordinates.
Provided tf Transforms/odom → /base_link
- 3D pose of vehicle in UTM grid relative to the WGS 84 ellipsoid. The actual transform frame ID names come from the header.frame_id of the /gps (parent) and /imu (child) messages.
Run the nodelet in its own separate process, publishing odometry and transforms for reported robot positions and inertial measurements.
$ rosrun nodelet nodelet standalone navsat_odom/nodelet
The initial version does not report linear velocity in the nav_msgs/Odometry message.
- Strange things are likely to happen if the robot moves from one UTM grid zone into another. These grid zones are roughly rectangular with hundreds of kilometers to a side.