The power_monitor collects messages from the ocean_battery_server and the pr2_power_board, and publishes a summary of their data in a friendlier message format.
- Author: Tim Field, Curt Meyers
- License: BSD
- Repository: wg-ros-pkg
- Source: svn https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/pr2_power_drivers/trunk/power_monitor
The estimation method that power_monitor uses is reconfigurable via dynamic_reconfigure. Two methods are currently available:
Fuel Gauge: simply publishes the state of charge and remaining time that the battery servers report.
Advanced: records a history of battery state over the lifetime of the robot (in a CSV file in /var/ros/power_monitor/power.log) and uses this data to improve the indicators.
- Battery data
- Power board state
- State of the power system
~frequency (float, default: 0.1)
- Frequency at which messages are published on power_state
- State of charge estimation method to use
- Location of file to record battery data
- Stop publishing power estimate if batteries haven't updated within this timeout. Set to <0 to always publish estimate.