ROS bindings for the Turtlebot/Roomba driver. This is based on otl_roomba driver by OTL, ported to use turtlebot_driver instead. This also contains a 'bonus' feature from the turtlebot driver by Xuwen Cao and Morgan Quigley.
- Author: Ken Conley, Melonee Wise
- License: BSD
- Repository: turtlebot-ros-pkg
- Source: hg https://kforge.ros.org/turtlebot/turtlebot
turtlebot_nodeturtlebot_node provides output from the turtlebot_driver over ROS and includes the diagnostics, gyro, and laptop battery integration.
Subscribed Topicscmd_vel (geometry_msgs/Twist)
- The desired velocity of the robot. The type of this message is determined by the drive_mode parameter. Default is geometry_msgs/Twist.
Published Topics~sensor_state (turtlebot_node/TurtlebotSensorState)
- The sensor state updated at 10Hz.
- The odometry of the robot based on the gyro and sensor_state.
- The angular velocity and integrated position of the gryo.
- The system diagnostic information published at 1Hz.
- Enables and disables the three digital outputs.
- Set the operation mode of the iRobot Create.
- passive: The robot can only be charged in this mode but cannot be commanded in this mode.
- safe: The robot cannot be commanded in this mode or be charged in this mode.
- full: The robot cannot be charged in this mode but can be commanded.
Parameters~port (string, default: /dev/ttyUSB0)
- Linux USB device from which to read the data.
- Rate, in Hz, at which to communicate with the Create.
- The desired drive mode (twist, turtle, or drive).
- twist : Takes a geometry_msgs/Twist message and is navigation compatible.
- turtle : Takes a turtlebot_node/Turtle message and is turtlesim compatible.
- drive : Takes a turtlebot_node/Drive message which drives the TurtleBot as described in the iRobot Create manual.
- Scaling factor for correct gyro operation.
- A correction applied to the computation of the rotation in the odometry.
- A correction applied to the computation of the translation in odometry.
- If a new command isn't received within this many seconds, the Create is stopped.
- If True, then disallow forward motion if any bumper or wheeldrop sensor is activated (backing up and rotating are allowed).
- If defined, it is the minimum (non-zero) absolute rotational velocity, in radians / second, that will be commanded. Set this parameter if you want to avoid commanding very low rotational velocities, which can cause trouble with odometry.
- Plays Mario Bros. theme song.
laptop_battery_monitorlaptop_battery_monitor provides the laptop battery status to the diagnostics.
Published Topics/diagnostics (diagnostic_msgs/DiagnosticArray)
- The laptop battery diagnostic information published at 1Hz.